All India Council of Technical Education, University Grants Commission and Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar have recommended stern measures to be taken by educational institutions against students in ragging. The PUNISHMENT to be awarded for those who are found guilty of participation in or abetment of ragging is listed as under :-
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Rustication from the institution for period varying from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation processes, placement Interviews.
- Withholding results.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Fine up to Rs.25,000/-
- Rigorous imprisonment up to three years (this will depend upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the court of law.)
NOTE: AS PER SUPREME COURT ORDER, VICTIM OF RAGGING OR HIS/HER PARENTS/GUARDIANS CAN FILE F.I.R. DIRECTLY WITH THE POLICE.
Post matric scholarships to SC/OBC categories as per the rules and regulations of Govt. of Punjab:-
- Scholarships will be paid to the SC-Students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh, fifty thousands only) per annum.
- Scholarships will be paid to the OBC-Students whose parents/gurdians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000 /- (Rupees one lakh only) per annum.
Students can share their grievances related to academics, sexual harassment and hostel related issues with the members of grievances committee. The grievance committee is formed of senior faculty members of the institute.
This is for the information of the interested students belonging to SC/ST categories, that they can avail the admission in this institute, by opting for anyone mode of fee deposit, as mentioned below:
- They can claim refund of entire fee deposited in the Institute from the welfare department of Punjab Government after producing a copy of their fee receipt. The entire amount shall be transferred in their Bank Account by the said department.
- They can seek admission by paying to the mentioned department. In this case Institute shall be claming the rest of the dues from the relevant department.